PLEASE HELP THE HOMELESS ON CHRISTMAS EVE
My name is Lynn Farrell and I am a parishioner here at St. Giles. I coordinate an organization at St. Giles that feeds the homeless on Christmas Eve.
Twenty-six years ago, we started offering a Christmas Eve dinner for the homeless at the San Jose Obrero Mission which is now the Franciscan Outreach Mission.
It was so well received that PADS – Housing Forward has asked us for assistance on Christmas Eve, too. We will have two parties at two separate locations again this year!
Our party includes serving a hot turkey dinner with all the trimmings. We also provide a new sweater for every guest at the party. It is a fabulous evening in the true spirit of Christmas.
We need your help to make this happen. Please consider purchasing a sweater, donating food or cooking on Christmas Eve. Please call or email me if you are willing to cook.
WHAT WE NEED
- About 100 newly purchased sweaters.
- Please purchase a sweater, wrap it and mark the outside of the box with the following: M (men), W (woman), XL, L, M, S. This will help us when we distribute the gifts. Please note that 90% of the people we serve are men, size L or XL.
- Please deliver gifts to the Parish Center by 5 pm on December 23.
- Turkey or Ham donations – drop them at my house by December 21.
- 6 people to cook the turkey and ham by 3 pm on Christmas Eve.
- Rolls and butter, corn, paper plates, cups and silverware.
- Milk and pop.
- About 20 Children’s gifts. These do not need to be wrapped, just dropped off at the Parish Center.
NO TIME TO SHOP BUT WANT TO HELP?
- You can donate $25.00 and our elves will buy a sweater or food for our dinner!
- Please make your check payable to St. Giles and mark “Homeless” on the memo line.
- Then drop it off at the Parish Center.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year!
630 N. Elmwood in Oak Park, IL
708-386-3586 – home, 312-334-7878 – work, 312-848-3998 – cell