HOSANNA AND HOMEWORK
October 26 at 7 pm
Join the CHAOS Teen Group for our weekly time together with Jesus AND one another!!
Hosanna & Homework begins at 7 pm in front of the Church, where we head first into 30 minutes of silent adoration and then move over to the Dore Parish Center Chapel for some time to reflect, do homework, and munch on some snacks!
What is adoration?
Adoration is when we spend time in prayer with Jesus in the form of the Blessed Sacrament.
What is the Blessed Sacrament?
Once a host has been Consecrated at Mass, we call it the Blessed Sacrament, or the Eucharist, or a Sacred Host, because it is no longer bread but Jesus’ body.
What happens during Adoration?
- Exposition – when the Eucharist is taking out of the tabernacle and placed in the Monstrance (a special stand that looks like a golden sunburst which holds the Eucharist up high enough so everyone can see it)
- Time for Prayer – because we will be in a communal space, we ask that you remain silent to respect the others around you, however there are many ways to spend this time.
- Talk to Jesus in your heart about how you love Him, what you are sorry for, ways you want to thank Him, and for thing you and other people need.
- Sit quietly and look at Jesus, listening to Him.
- Pray a Rosary or the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
- Read a story from the Bible or the life of a Saint.
- Write or Draw.
- Say prayers you have memorized.
(time in silence can be awkward, but it is important in centering our lives and giving ourselves time not only to hear Jesus, but also ourselves)
- Reposition – Together as a community we pray the Divine Praises and sing Holy God We Praise Thy Name (These are both printed in the back cover of the missals in the Church) and then the Eucharist is placed back in the Tabernacle
What do I do with my body?
- To give Jesus the respect He deserves, as you enter the pews, genuflect with both knees (instead of the normal one knee) and make the sign of the cross.
- You can kneel or sit when it feels comfortable throughout the time in prayer.
- During Exposition and Reposition, we kneel.
Remember that you can come for whatever part of the evening that you are most interested in: Jesus, homework, SNACKS… whatever tickles your fancy!
As always with any questions or concerns contact our youth minister, Emily Davis, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-383-3430 ext.421