St. Giles Appalachian Service Project is a high school ministry program with the goal of empowering high school students to grow in faith and fellowship as they work together to serve the poor families in Appalachia and bring the richness of their experience back to share with our parish community.
Contact Sarah Wagner, Coordinator of ASP at email@example.com.
ASP’s website – www.asphome.org.
MANDATORY KICK-OFF EVENT
October 22 at 6 pm in McDonough Hall
During the last week of July 2017, the St. Giles Appalachia Service Project (ASP) took 100 teens and 50 adults to Central Appalachia where we completed home repair projects for low-income families and individuals.
Our trip is impossible without the support of this community, so thank you for the continued support of our program. With your help we were able to make 22 homes warmer, safer and drier. And now, 2018 is almost upon us!
High school students and adults who are interested in joining the Summer 2018 ASP trip must attend a Mandatory Kick-Off Event at 6 pm on Sunday, October 22 in McDonough Hall (parents welcome, but not required to attend).
At this meeting you will receive a welcome packet containing all the necessary paperwork and information you need to apply. We will briefly discuss volunteer expectations and trip logistics.
Confirmed trip and meeting dates 2017-2018:
- October 22, 2017 – ASP KICK OFF at 6 pm / McDonough Hall
- November 18, 2017 – Application Due
- February 4, 2018 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm / McDonough Hall
- March 11, 2018 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm / House Meeting TBD
- April 15, 2018 – SKILLS DAY from Noon to 6 pm – Required for all new volunteers (adult & teens) or those volunteers that have not previously attended a Skills Day)
- April 22, 2018 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm / McDonough Hall
- June 10, 2018 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm / House Meeting TBD
- Actual Trip – Saturday, July 21 – Saturday, July 28