St. Giles Appalachia Service Project is a high school ministry program with the goal of empowering high school students to grow in faith and fellowship as they work together to serve families in Appalachia and bring the richness of their experience back to share with our parish community.
2019 Trip Kick-Off Meeting
Missed the ASP Kick-Off but still interested in going on the 2019 trip?
2019 Trip Dates
This year’s trip will be from Saturday, July 20 to Saturday, July 27.
Due to the complex logistics and importance of the work in Appalachia, ALL PARTICIPANTS are expected to be present throughout the ENTIRETY of the trip. We depart Saturday, July 20 at 8 am and return Saturday, July 27 at about 7:30 pm.
Welcome to ASP 2019 – Mark your calendars with these important dates!
Our trip and week in Appalachia are very different from our regular lives. Therefore, we hope that each of our formation experiences help to guide and prepare you for this new encounter. Throughout these meetings, we get to know the members of our work crew, grow in our understanding of the spirit of service, and learn about the people of Appalachia and their needs and how we will meet them.
In preparation for the trip, there will be four formation meetings, a skills day, and a commissioning mass. The schedule for these events are below:
- Sunday, February 10 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm in McDonough Hall – Formation Meeting #1
- Sunday, March 10 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm in McDonough Hall – Formation Meeting #2
- Sunday, April 7 from 12 Noon to 6 pm at Triton College – Skills Day (Required for all new participants, recommended for all others)
- Sunday, June 9 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm in McDonough Hall – Formation Meeting #3
- Sunday, July 14 from 5 to 6 pm in the Church – Commissioning Mass
- Sunday, July 14 from 6 to 7 pm in McDonough Hall – Formation Meeting #4
Location details: McDonough Hall – 1101 Columbian Ave, Oak Park, IL 60302
Missed the Online Registration Deadline & Still Want to Attend the 2019 Trip?
Contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-383-3430 ext. 421 to get yourself registered ASAP!
Interested in Applying to be a Teen Leader?
Follow THIS LINK to submit your application online.
Applications are due on Sunday, December 2.
Contact Emily at email@example.com or 708-383-3430 ext. 421 with any questions!
To receive Remind text updates on ASP going-ons text “@stgilesasp” to 81010
ASP’s website – www.asphome.org.