Beginning on June 11, Illinois moves to Phase 5 of our reopening plan. What does that mean for us at St. Giles?
Coming to Mass
- All are welcome at St. Giles. Restrictions on numbers in the church are lifted, and we no longer need to require registration prior to attending Masses or any other prayer service or event. Come to church whenever you are able.
- Masks are not required. However, please use discretion for the safety of all. We continue to care for and respect the choices of each member of the body of Christ.
- We continue to have some pews roped off for those who prefer to maintain some physical distance.
- During Mass and other services, come to participate with your heart and your voice! We will be providing worship aids so that we may once again all sing together.
- Eucharistic Ministers will continue to sanitize their hands prior to the distribution of communion. Those coming to communion may have their hands sanitized if they wish.
The pandemic has taught us much about new ways of being church. Our livestream Masses will continue through our YOUTUBE CHANNEL so that those who are unable to be with us physically can join with us during Mass spiritually.
Some may be nervous about returning to Mass and those that have been back in church may be nervous about these changes. Greeters and Ushers will remain present as you enter the building to ease the transition back to church. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to one of the greeters or ushers and they can assist you.
Our hearts yearn to be present again with each other. Welcome Home!
Current Regular Liturgy Schedule
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6:30 am
- Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30 am
- Saturday Morning at 8 am
- Vigil Weekend Mass – Saturday at 4:30 pm
- Sunday Masses at 8 am and 10:30 am
Latest Broadcast Sunday Mass
17TH SUNDAY IN OT – JULY 25
Live-streamed on July 24 at 4:30 pm
PRAYER FOR SPIRITUAL COMMUNION – My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love you above all things, and I desire to receive you into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace you as if you were already there and unite myself wholly to you. Never permit me to be separated from you. Amen.
Family Mass Community – Mass in the Courtyard
- All Are Welcome!
- This Summer, Masses in the courtyard are held on the 4th Sunday and the 2nd Friday of the Month through the Summer.
- Sunday, July 25 at 5 pm
CLICK HERE to watch the Live-streamed Mass
- Friday, August 6 at 7 pm
- Sunday, August 22 at 5 pm
- Sunday, August 29 at 5 pm
- Questions? Contact Alex Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursdays from 7 to 8 pm in the Church
- CLICK HERE for more information