St. Catherine of Siena-St. Lucy and St. Giles Parish Family,
Here is our latest registration information for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Classes begin the week of Sunday, September 11, 2022.
- REGISTER NOW! – The Religious Education Registration for the Year 2022-2023 began on August 8, 2022 and will be ENDING SOON!
- REGISTRATION FOR RETURNING FAMILIES – Families with child/ren enrolled from last year 2021-2022 will receive an email message from our Religious Education Office on August 8, 2022, with instructions and link to start the process – If a returning family has not received this email message from our Religious Education Office, that family should contact the office so we can properly send / email the information and link to that particular family to start the registration.
- REGISTRATION FOR NEW FAMILIES – New families or families that were not enrolled in last year program 2021-2022 are encouraged to start the registration process using the link / button below – If you are a returning family from last year 2021-2022, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS LINK!
- A CALL FOR CATECHISTS – You are invited to become a catechist of any of our Religious Education Programs – There are opportunities to share your faith with our children (3 years – 8th grade) on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoon and evenings. No experience is necessary except for an open heart and a willingness to share your faith with the future of our Church. A perk of being a catechist is that if your child is in the program there will be a 50% reduction in their tuition.
- Please call the Religious Education Office at 708-383-3430 ext. 404 or email us at email@example.com if you have questions or need information. If you receive our voicemail, please leave a message with your name and a phone number.
- If you are interested in registering your child/ren for religious education classes, please call the Religious Education Office at 708-383-3430 ext. 404 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need information. If you receive our voicemail, please leave a message with your name and a phone number.
RE Parent Meetings – Sunday, August 28
- Family Religious Education – Welcome and Introduction
Sunday, August 28 from 9:00 to 10:15 am McDonough Hall
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd – Parent Meeting
Sunday, August 28 from 1:00 to 2:00 pm St. Giles Church
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd – Open House
Sunday, August 28 from 2:00 to 3:00 pm CGS Atriums in Parish Center and Gleeson Building
- Confirmation Parent Meeting
Sunday, August 28 from 2:30 to 3:30 pm McDonough Hall
Tuition/Sacrament Fees and Class Schedule
2022-2023 TUITION AND SACRAMENT FEES
- (1) Child Family – $300
- (2) Children Family – $425
- (3 +) Children Family – $525
- First Communion Sacrament Fee – $80
- Confirmation Sacrament Fee – $90
2022-2023 RELIGIOUS EDUCATION CLASS SCHEDULE
CGS – Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- Level I – 3 to 6 years of age (PreK to K) – Sessions in 2022-2023 will be on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4 to 5:15 pm and Saturdays from 10 to 11:15 am – This level Atrium is located in the Parish Center.
- Level II – 6 to 9 years of age (1st to 3rd grades) – Sessions in 2022-2023 will be on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4 to 5:15 pm and from 6 to 7:15 pm and Saturdays from 10 to 11:15 am – This level Atrium is located in the Parish Center.
- Level III – 9 to 12 years of age (4th to 6th grades) – Sessions in 2022-2023 will be on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4 to 5:15 pm and from 6 to 7:15 pm and Saturdays from 10 to 11:15 am – This level Atrium is located on the first floor of the Gleeson Building.
PREP – Pre School Religious Education
Classes meet on Sunday morning from 10:30 to 11:30 am during Mass – Classes begin in the Fall and continue into the Spring.
The Family Catechesis Program
For Grades 1st through 6th. Families who enroll in Family Catechesis will attend a designated Mass once per month and then head to McDonough Hall for about an hour of reflection, discussion and activities – first as a family, then separately for parents, students in Grades 1 through 3, and students in Grades 4 through 6. Teams of catechists will work with each grouping for about 1/2 hour or so and then the groups will rejoin for wrap up and closing prayer. Families will then work on designated parts of the grade-level Loyola Press books with their students for the remainder of the month until the next monthly gathering, sending in online assessments for each student’s session.
MSM – The Middle School Ministry Program
This option is for students in Grades 7th and 8th and meets in McDonough Hall. Students delve deeper into specific topic areas of our faith in order to discover what it means to live as a Catholic in today’s world and meet on Wednesday evenings from 4:30 to 5:45 pm or from 7 to 8:15 pm.
For more information regarding each program, please check the links available on the sidebar of this page.
If you would like to be a catechist or volunteer for any of the faith formation offerings, do let us know. If you have any other questions, we would love to hear from you. Please email the Religious Education office at email@example.com or call Marci Madary – Director of Lifelong Formation, at 708-383-3430 ext 404.