Letter From CCW
In many ways 2023 has been a remarkable year so far. As a world, we continue to settle into a new way of life and adjustments with COVID and, closer to home, we are marking a significant moment in time as St Catherine-St Lucy and St Giles unite into one parish. This year has been a time to reunite with a bit more safety and, as a combined community, strengthen our faith, our care for one another and the world we live in together.
For anyone not familiar with CCW – it stands for Council of Catholic Women. CCWs exist in numerous parishes throughout the Archdiocese and connects women through faith, friendship and service. As SCSL and St Giles unite, we are working to bring the women from both church communities together and hope to establish a new CCW under our new parish. If you are a woman in SCSL and St. Giles, then you are part of the CCW community. We welcome you to share your ideas, attend events and participate or assist in any way that you can. We are so much stronger together!
If you are reading this and are curious, interested, have an idea or simply want to connect, please don’t hesitate to reach out! Also, if you would like to receive CCW Flocknote messages directly, please send us your email. Otherwise, CCW information and upcoming activities can be found in the bulletin and the weekly Friday Flocknote. Please feel free to call or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-767-6781 and email@example.com or 708-848-3828, if you would like more information about CCW or would like to get involved in any way.
Peace to you,
Kari Harris and Marlene Panebianco
Upcoming CCW Events
There are several important CCW events coming up. We are immensely grateful to the dedicated women planning these faith and service efforts. They would greatly value any participation and/or support! We hope you share this with your friends and join as well.
- CCW Sharing Tree – Donations of gift cards to Jewel, Walmart or Target – Please respond by December 15
- CCW Christmas Party – Friday, December 8 at 6:45 pm in the St. Giles McDonough Hall – Purchase Tickets Now!
- Help Housing Forward Provide a Day of Meals – The CCW is looking to support Housing Forward by providing a Day of Meals on December 12 – The sign-up is broken down for various items – sign up for what you’d like – Drop your items off at 7 pm at Saint Catherine-Saint Lucy Rectory, 38 N. Austin, Oak Park – SIGN-UP NOW!
- Friends Feeding the Community – Saturday, January 6 at 8:30 am
- Monthly CCW Meeting – Tuesday, January 9 at 7 pm at St. Giles Campus – McDonough Hall – Small Room
- CCW Book Club Meeting – Tuesday, January 23 at 7 pm in the St. Giles Parish Center Living Room
Our “Mission Statement”
CCW responds to the needs of women of all ages within the parish community and beyond. CCW affirms every woman’s unique gifts and talents, providing opportunities to develop spiritually, intellectually and socially.
Many Opportunities to Join In and Help!
Please contact Kari Harris or Marlene Panebianco if you would like to find out more about CCW, how to get involved, have questions or ideas…. we welcome you. Kari’s email is: firstname.lastname@example.org and Marlene’s email is: email@example.com
CCW Board 2023-2024
- Co-Presidents – Kari Harris and Marlene Panebianco
- Vice-President – Hope Jaeger
- Advisors – Kathy Ritten and Theresa Atchley
- Secretary – Carrie Van Ermen
- Treasurer – Natalie Connolly
- Flocknote – Sharon Zinkula
Board Meetings 2022
Our first few Board meetings are scheduled. Please join us in the Parish Center at 7 pm to meet together to connect, have fun and discuss our parish activities.
- Tuesday, September 20
- Tuesday, October 18
- Tuesday, November 15