Letter From CCW
In many ways 2022 has been a remarkable year so far. As a world, we continue to settle into a new way of life and adjustments with COVID and, closer to home, we are marking a significant moment in time as St Catherine-St Lucy and St Giles unite into one parish. This year has been a time to reunite with a bit more safety and, as a combined community, strengthen our faith, our care for one another and the world we live in together.
For anyone not familiar with CCW – it stands for Catholic Council of Women. CCWs exist in numerous parishes throughout the Archdiocese and connects women through faith, friendship and service. As SCSL and St Giles unite, we are working to bring the women from both church communities together and hope to establish a new CCW under our new parish. If you are a woman in SCSL and St. Giles, then you are part of the CCW community. We welcome you to share your ideas, attend events and participate or assist in any way that you can. We are so much stronger together!
If you are reading this and are curious, interested, have an idea or simply want to connect, please don’t hesitate to reach out! Also, if you would like to receive CCW Flocknote messages directly, please send us your email. Otherwise, CCW information and upcoming activities can be found in the bulletin and the weekly Friday Flocknote. Please feel free to call or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-616-4565 and email@example.com or 708-602-9215, if you would like more information about CCW or would like to get involved in any way.
Peace to you,
Kathy Ritten and Theresa Atchley
Our “Mission Statement”
CCW responds to the needs of women of all ages within the parish community and beyond. CCW affirms every woman’s unique gifts and talents, providing opportunities to develop spiritually, intellectually and socially.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities to Connect
Please know we hope you will join in, invite others and connect with other women. All are welcome!
- Parishioner Check-in calls – Would you be willing to make a few calls to parishioners between September 15 – October 20? CCW is providing reach-out calls to connect with and check on parishioners. Many callers are needed – Terry Clancy is helping coordinate this important outreach. Please email Terry if you’re willing to make a few calls: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women’s Courtyard Gathering (McDonough Hall is alternate location) for all SC-SL and St. Giles women will be held on Tuesday, September 27 from 6 to 8 pm. Come to enjoy an evening of re-connecting and meeting one another! Peggy Lau and/or Beth Clumecky are coordinating – reach out to them if you would like to help in anyway. Peggy: email@example.com and Beth: firstname.lastname@example.org – MORE INFORMATION
- Grotto Walk and Rosary on Saturday, October 8 (held in conjunction with the St. Giles School PTO Faith and Family Committee) – Walk begins (rain or shine) from St. Giles steps at 8:30 am (after Mass) to the Dominican University Grotto with the Rosary at 9:15 am. We hope you can join this special morning of prayer and devotion – MORE INFORMATION
- Pack the Pews Weekend of October 22 and 23 – Encouraging all women of our united parish to get the word out as we launch a parish-wide effort to get all parishioners to Pack the Pews for weekend Masses at both St Catherine-St Lucy and St Giles Churches – we look forward to seeing as many parishioners as possible back and getting to know one another! We will be looking for some help with simple refreshments.
- Fall Coat Drive will also be October 22 and 23 – New and used winter coats, jackets, boots, and accessories will be accepted for adults and children. Drop off in the Church, School, or in the bin in front of the Gleason Building. Donations benefit local charitable organizations, many with ties to our communities. Many hands are needed for collecting, sorting, and organizing coats. Please email Laura McNamara if you are available to help. Laura’s email: email@example.com
- CCW Fall Meetings – Please join us as we talk about upcoming events, brainstorm for the future and enjoy an evening of friendship! Fall meeting dates are: September 20, October 18 and November 15 at 7 pm in the Parish Center at 1045 Columbian Ave.
- On-Going – First Saturday of the month mornings! – Volunteer at Beyond Hunger. Please email Sharon Bresnahan, if you would like to volunteer on any first Saturday morning in the coming months – Sharon’s email is: firstname.lastname@example.org – MORE INFORMATION
- On-Going – Book Club on the 4th Monday of each month! – Contact Jackie Carey if you would like to join. All women are welcome – come every month or whenever you can. Jackie can share location details and current books being planned. Jackie’s email is: email@example.com – MORE INFORMATION
- On-Going – Feed Our Fathers – Do you enjoy cooking for others? Weekly meals for our wonderful priests our organized to support them and their well-being. Please email Vera Chan if you would like to be included to sign up. Vera’s email is: firstname.lastname@example.org – MORE INFORMATION
Many Opportunities to Join In and Help!
Currently, CCW is looking for a new Communications coordinator… Are you or someone you know, able to help send out our occasional correspondence through our easy-to-use CCW Flocknote? It’s a great way to help from your own home! Training for the communication format is included 🙂
Please contact Kathy Ritten or Theresa Atchley if you would like to find out more about CCW, how to get involved, have questions or ideas…. we welcome you. Kathy’s email is: email@example.com and Theresa’s email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
CCW Board 2022-2023
- Co-Presidents – Kathy Ritten and Theresa Atchley
- Advisors – Janette Duewel and Peggy Connerty Lau
- Secretary – Carrie Van Ermen
- Treasurer – Natalie Connolly
- Communications – Open
Board Meetings 2022
Our first few Board meetings are scheduled. Please join us in the Parish Center at 7 pm to meet together to connect, have fun and discuss our parish activities.
- Tuesday, September 20
- Tuesday, October 18
- Tuesday, November 15